Long anticipated, spoiled a long time ago. Here we go:
At a standard use this is not an economy card: Gaining back the money you previously paid while returning a rezzed card you had installed has a name: lose a click!
Yet it opens doors for shenanigans:
Blue Sun + Oversight AI or BER + Wotan, Janus or Curtain Wall = Money But in such a case you have to head for a plan. what am I going to do with that money? Re-install and re-rez the ice to remove the condition? This is good but this is click costing: 1 to install ice, 1 to play OAI/BER, 1 re-rez ice. That makes 3 clicks? Plus 1 or 3 credits (OAI/BER). Isn't Eliza's Toybox better?
Blue Sun + Eliza's Toybox + Wotan, Janus or Curtain Wall = Money Twice more than a Melange mining corp turn. But it costs an extra click to rez the ice.
Blue Sun + Amazon Industrial Zone = Money. At -1 CE for the extra install, this basically makes 2 credits a turn. Hello Eve!
Need money to score an agenda? OK. Your turn begins. You've just been siphoned to 0 credits. You have a 4/2 agenda with 1 advancement token installed. It is protected by an un-rezzed ice that costs 4. Looks bad. Now you can return a 3+ cost rezzed card to your hand and score. Looks better.
To play this ID at full capacity (each turn), you have to consider you're playing with 2 clicks a turn instead of 3.
But it can be considered from an uneconomical point of view. It can:
- Return cards to HQ to bulk it up in order to protect agenda from access.
- Against Nasir, return your rezzed pop-up windows to gain 0. re-install it outermost. Ridiculous and awesome.
- Against Kit, return a code gate to re-install it outermost.
- Return ices to make them protect another server
- Remove 1 bad pub a turn (for a click) with Elizabeth Mills.
- Return your draco to reboot it as a 20-strength ice once you got damn rich !
- Return asset/agenda/upgrade to install them on another server. Great with Simone or Off the Grid.
- Recycle your dead ices: You have a rezzed enigma. Your opponent runs Yog.0 that you can't destroy. Why not gain 3 anyway?
- Destroy Parasites, reinstall ICE afterwards
- Destroy Caissas, reinstall ICE afterwards
- Make Femme fatale dumb.
- Rearrange your glacier to recover from Copycat, Escher, Crescentus
- Make Inazuma mobile, ready to empower whatever you installed.
So this ID allows many shenanigans, and I really appreciate that - just like the Foundry, it introduces a new way to play the game. It's not just an extra boost for a unidimensional race (Etf, KBWBI etc...)/
But to me, Blue Sun is optimized in constantly rebooting drip economy assets.
It allows to reboot counters on install cards. It is awesome with Eve Campaign: When Eve has 2 credits left and your turn begins, instead of gaining 2 and trashing Eve, return it to HQ and gain 5. Use these 5 to re-install Eve and enjoy 7 more turns of money.